Addiction to Prescription Drugs on the Rise
What is the Plan of Action against Opioid Abuse?
Measures the government is taking to deal with opioid use in America include the following:
– Improving addiction training for doctors so that more qualified practitioners are available to address the problem
– Imposing stiff penalties for health insurance firms who do not cover addiction treatment to encourage more people with opioid addiction to seek help
– Opening up more resources and allocate more government funding to combat addiction to opioids
– Raising more awareness of the problem so that more people know the signs of opioid addiction
– Combating the stigma surrounding drug addiction so that more people in need of treatment feel they can get it without being harshly judged by others.
Choose CASA Recovery for Drug Addiction Recovery in Southern California