- About Us
“Casa Recovery saved my life! Moving out here to California from Dallas Texas was the best decision I’ve ever made. The staff is incredible everyone cares so much. I don’t know what I would’ve done without this place! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for help in their recovery.”- AMY M
- What We Treat
Medication-Assisted Treatment Program
Here at Casa Recovery in San Juan Capistrano, CA, we strive to provide a personalized addiction treatment program tailored to support you during recovery.
Casa Recovery offers Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) in Orange County to treat substance use disorders, including alcohol use disorder, opioid use disorder, and addiction to other drugs and medication. MAT combines FDA-approved medications with behavioral therapy and counseling to provide a “whole-patient” method to treating substance use disorder. Our experienced team of specialists are trained to guide you through treatment, overseeing medication use and providing support during the healing process.
Medications Used in MAT
The FDA has approved several medications designed to treat alcohol dependence and opioid addiction. These medications are intended to relieve withdrawal symptoms and psychological cravings that can cause chemical imbalances in the body, and as a result overcome the use of an abused substance. By providing the proper dose, these medications have no adverse effects to an individual’s mental capability, intelligence, and physical functioning. Here are the three commonly used medications to treat opioid addiction:
- Buprenorphine: an office-based opioid agonist/antagonist that lowers and suppresses cravings for the abused drug, diminishes the effects of physical dependency, and increases safety in case of overdoes.
- Methadone: a clinic-based opioid agonist that tricks the brain into thinking it is still getting the abused drug. It lessens the painful symptoms of withdrawal while also blocking the euphoric effects of opiate drugs. When taken as prescribed, methadone is safe and effective.
- Naltrexone: an office-based non-addictive opioid antagonist that blocks the euphoric and sedative effects of the abused drug, reducing opioid cravings. There is no abuse and diversion potential with this medication.
Effectiveness of MAT
MAT is used to provide a more comprehensive, personalized program of medication and counseling for each individual. By providing support services that address the needs of most patients, the ultimate goal of MAT is to gain full recovery and the ability to live a self-directed life. This type of support treatment has been clinically effective in the following:
- Improving patient survival
- Increasing retention in treatment
- Lowering illicit substance use and other illegal activity among those with substance use disorders
- Increasing a patient’s ability to find and maintain employment
Start with Healing
Recover Your Life
Our helpful staff cares and wants to make sure you heal from your addiction or mental health issue in the healthiest way possible. Contact us today to start your recovery process and get back to your life.
GET HELP WITH TREATMENT EXPENSES
Insurance Coverage for Treatment at Casa Recovery
Did you know that insurance companies cover mental health and substance abuse treatment? Depending on your coverage, your insurance may cover all or most of your program at Casa Recovery. Insurance companies also cover outpatient services to clients who live nearby and need a more flexible option.
CONTACT US TODAY
Our Care Team is Ready to Answer Any Questions.
Casa Recovery offers a wide range of addiction recovery treatments to Orange County, including Dana Point and San Clemente, CA. We are here for you and ready to assist in any way we can.